VLSID 2019 invites students and faculty members working in the relevant fields of VLSID for applying for the fellowship programme. Over the decades, VLSID has been offering generous fellowships to students and teachers of various Indian academic institutions. This trend would continue for VLSID 2019 as well. The fellowship provides complimentary registration and partial or full support for travel and accommodation.
- We will be using an entirely online application process with each applicant filling up the online form and providing relevant details online.
- A Gmail account is required for submitting the application.
- Though some of the questions are optional, applicants are requested to respond to as many questions as relevant.
- Since we will be using the provided email address and mobile number (Whatsapp) for communication, please ensure that these two details are correctly filled.
- A sample form is available at: https://tinyurl.com/vlsid19-sample-form-student
(for students), https://tinyurl.com/vlsid19-sample-form-faculty (for faculty). It can be used to understand the information required in the form and keep the information ready while filling up the form.
- A recommendation letter in the format indicated below must be uploaded as a part of the application. For students, the letter must be endorsed by the research supervisor/project guide or the head of the department. For the faculty members, the letter should be endorsed by the head of the department or head of the Institute. The templates are present at:
- Student - https://tinyurl.com/vlsid19-sample-reco-student
- Faculty - https://tinyurl.com/vlsid19-sample-reco-faculty
- Please submit only one form per applicant.
- Last date for submitting application: 30 November 2018
- Notification for award of fellowship: 5 December 2018. The notification will be sent out on the provided email address as well as posted on the conference website.
- VLSID provides accommodation only for fellows from outside Delhi NCR. Fellows belonging to Delhi NCR are not provided accommodation.
- A shared accommodation at a venue decided by VLSID would be alloted. No reimbursement will be provided in lieu of the accommodation.
- Accommodation is limited and hence only some of the fellows will be provided accommodation. The selected fellows will be informed once the fellowships awards are announced.
- Fellows from outside Delhi NCR would be reimbursed to-and-fro travel fare from their place of work/study to Delhi subject to a maximum limit which will be informed after the selection of fellows.
- Fellows would be provided with complimentary registration for the entire 5-day conference. It is imperative that the fellows attend tutorials and presentations on all the five days. A record of attendance would be maintained for the same. Lack of attendance may cause the reimbursement to be disapproved.
- Please watch the conference website for information on local transportation to the conference venue.
- In case an applicant is both a faculty member of some institute and a student of another (e.g., a faculty member pursuing part-time higher studies), only one application should be submitted. More information can be provided in the relevant text box while filling up the form.
- For any concerns/queries, please send an email to: email@example.com Please include VLSID fellowship in the subject line.